Scope of Work
Shell Australia’s Prelude Project is a floating LNG project located approximately 465 km north-north east of Broome in Western Australia. The Prelude Project is the first deployment of Shell’s FLNG technology.
The Prelude FLNG facility will produce 3.6 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) of LNG, 1.3 mtpa of condensate and 0.4 mtpa of LPG. The Prelude FLNG facility is 499m long and 74 wide, making it the largest offshore floating facility ever built.
Developing Prelude FLNG was a fully integrated project, encompassing the entire scope from reservoir wells to LNG loading arms, including all onshore infrastructure and logistical requirements for the operation.
Shell Australia contracted Technip Oceania (TPO) to undertake the offshore installation contract. To support the subsea installation package of works, TPO contracted MMA to provide the tug and barge services. The offshore installation was separated into four offshore campaigns as outlined below:
- Christmas tree Installation Campaigns X1 and X2
Installation of 7 off Christmas trees in 2 separate campaigns
- Campaign 1
Structures installation, including ROV pre-survey and flowline installation and metrology
- Campaign 2
Jumper installation and tie-in including UTA and Flying Leads
- Campaign 3
Flexible riser / EHU installation and pre-commissioning
For each of these campaigns, MMA provided Anchor Handling Tugs (AHTs), supply vessels, tow tugs and barges to support the offshore operations.
MMA was also responsible for:
- Provision of suitable tow equipment for all towing operations.
- Provision of crew suitably trained and experienced in towing, anchor handling and supply operations in the oil and gas industry.
- Comprehensive management of the tugs and barges while under charter.
- Project management and engineering interface with TPO during the planning and execution phase.
- Performance of the Services in a safe manner and in accordance with Project requirements.
With a total of five tugs and 3 barges deployed on the project is was a significant marine spread. The team at MMA partnered well with TPO to deliver a safe, reliable and efficient marine transportation scope.