At MMA Offshore Critical Controls exist, above all else, to keep our employees, contractors, visitors and clients safe.
Launched in 2015, MMA's Target 365 Critical Controls summarise our operating standards and mandatory requirements for safety in everything we do at MMA. There’s nothing more important than the safety of our people and all involved in our operations.
The Critical Controls were formed as a collaborative approach to safety and were established in consultation with 163 MMA personnel across our global operating regions.
The eight Target 365 Critical Controls are fundamental in eliminating incidents that have the potential to cause serious harm to people and the environment whilst undertaking high risk activities.
These fundamentals apply equally to all Critical Controls:
- We are all accountable for our own safety and the safety of others
- We always follow the rules, standards and procedures
- We always consider alternatives to eliminate the need for high risk activities
- Everyone is appropriately trained, competent and fit for work
- Tools and Equipment are to be used for their designed purpose
- Everyone has the obligation to stop unsafe work
- We always manage Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS) in all activity planning
For more information, see the full MMA Critical Controls Safety Poster here.