Launched in 2012, our Target 365 strategy focuses on everyone coming to work each day with the aim of having a “Perfect Day”, that is, a day free of recordable injuries and illnesses or material incidents. The strategy has created a genuine safety culture and consciousness at MMA; a culture that drives world class safety performance.
Fundamental to the Target 365 success since inception is:
- Developed in-house, ensuring employee and management engagement;
- Transparency - all information relating to Target 365, incidents and performance is readily available to everyone on the Company intranet;
- Business planning always includes Target 365 considerations;
- A reward and recognition program which defines stretch performance hurdles and rewards outstanding performance. To date, MMA staff have directed over $120,000 to local charities; and
- In house training, coaching and leadership program aimed at empowering everyone to act in a way that encourages high HSE standards.
Perfect Days are tracked and communicated to all staff including offshore personnel via the Company’s intranet system on a perfect day dashboard.
In FY2020, MMA achieved 324 Perfect Days at a whole organisation level, with a number of individual business units and vessels achieving the target of 365 perfect days for the year. MMA continues to target 365 perfect days in each years’ business planning cycle and we continually strive for improvements to both leading and lagging measures in order to achieve our Target 365 goal.