Launched in 2012, our Target 365 strategy focuses on everyone coming to work each day with the aim of having a “Perfect Day”, that is, a day free of recordable injuries and illnesses or material incidents. The strategy has created a genuine safety culture and consciousness at MMA; a culture that drives world class safety performance.
Fundamental to the Target 365 success since inception is:
- Developed in-house, ensuring employee and management engagement;
- Transparency - all information relating to Target 365, incidents and performance is readily available to everyone on the Company intranet;
- Business planning always includes Target 365 considerations;
- A reward and recognition program which defines stretch performance hurdles and rewards outstanding performance. To date, MMA staff have directed well over $100,000 to local charities; and
- In house training, coaching and leadership program aimed at empowering everyone to act in a way that encourages high HSE standards.
Perfect Days are tracked and communicated to all staff including offshore personnel via the Company’s intranet system on a perfect day dashboard.
In FY2019, MMA achieved 317 Perfect Days at a whole organisation level, with a number of individual business units and vessels achieving the target of 365 perfect days for the year. MMA continues to target 365 perfect days in each years’ business planning cycle.