The MMA Valour is a versatile and ﬂexible multi-purpose platform supply vessel, capable of ROV support and project tasks, as well as standard platform and drilling rig supply. The vessel has a proven track record in coiled tubing and fracking campaigns in South East Asia, and has supported deepwater drillships in the South China Sea.
✠A1, ABS, Fire Fighting Vessel Class 1, Offshore Support Vessel, (E), ✠AMS, ✠ACCU, ✠DPS-2, SPS
- Built & Flag:
Built in 2013 by Jaya Asiatic Shipyard, the vessel operates under a Labuan Flag
1000m² clear deck space and the ability to carry over 5,100 tonnes cargo deadweight
60 man accommodation with SPS 2008 class notation
- Mezzanine Deck:
Fitted with a removable mezzanine deck for ROV and peripheral systems installations
- Dynamic Positioning:
DP2 notation, two bow thrusters and two stern thrusters provide ideal offshore manoeuvring
- Vessel Type Multi-Purpose Platform Supply Vessel
- IMO Number 9651929
- Port of Registry Labuan
- Year Built 2013
- Class ABS
- Notation ✠A1, ABS, Fire Fighting Vessel Class 1, Offshore Support Vessel, (E), ✠AMS, ✠ACCU, ✠DPS-2, SPS
- Length Overall 83.6 m
- Breadth 20.0 m
- Beam 20 m
- GRT-NRT 4,258/1,892
- Deadweight 5,509 t
- Depth Main deck Midship 9 m
- Maximum draft 7. 35 m
- BHP 2 x 3,000 kW (8,047 bhp) @ 750 rpm, MAK 9M25
- Cargo deck area 1,000 m²
- Deck loading 2,000 tonne (estimated) 7.5 m² Deck Strength
- Max Speed 14
- Sewage Plant Fitted
- Joystick 1 x Compact OS
- Flow Meter Fitted
- PUMPING RATES
- Fuel Oil 2 x 100 m³/hr @ 9 bar, approx.
- Drill water 2 x 100 m³/hr @ 9.25 bar, approx.
- Dry bulk 2 x 60 m³/h @ 5.6 bar, approx.
- Fresh water 1 x 100 m³/hr @ 9 bar, approx.
- Liquid mud 2 x 75 m³/hr @ 24 bar approx
- Brine 2 x 75 m³/hr @ 90 m, approx.
- Base oil 2 x 100 m³/hr @ 90 m, approx.
- Glycol N/A
- Methanol N/A
- Main Engines 2 x Mak 9M25C 3,000 kW
- Generators 3 x CAT/C18 500 kW
- Emergency Generators 1 x 94 kW CAT/C44DITA
- Bow Thruster 2 x 800 kW Tunnel Type
- Propulsion 2 x Berg Propulsion/BCP960
- Berths 4 x 8, 2 x 8, 1 x 12
- Total 60
- FIRE FIGHTING
- Class 1
- Monitors 2 x 1,200 m³/hr
- Pumps 2 x 1,711 m³/hr
- Extinguishers Fitted (diff.type CO²/Dry Powder/Foam/Chem.)
- Fire hoses 16
- DECK EQUIPMENT - TUGGER WINCH
- Number & Capacity 2 x 10 t Electro-hydraulic
- Wire Capacity 26 mm x 200 m
- OTHER DECK EQUIPMENT
- Crane 1 x Cargotec Provisions Crane,
4 ton @ 12 m boom max reach
- Liferafts 6 x 30 man
- Lifejackets 80
- Rescue Boat/FRC 1 x WME - SAD30
- Lifebuoys 12
- Immersion Suits 69
- DP Class DP class 2 (MT bridgemate)
- DGPS 2
- Fanbeam/CyScan CyScan
- Hydro-acoustic 1 x HiPAP transducer mounted through gate valve
- RADIO AND NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- GMDSS Furuno RC-1800T (Area 3)
- SSB 1 x Furuno FS-2570 with built-in DSC
- Inmarsat C 1 x Furuno Felcom 15, 1 x Felcom 15 SSAS
- VHF Radio 2 x Furuno FM 8800S with built-in DSC
- Navtex Receiver 1 x Furuno NX 700
- SART 2 x McMurdo S4 (9GHz)
- EPIRB 1 x McMurdo E3A (406 MHz)
- Portable VHF Radios 4 x McMurdo R2
- Radar 1 x Furuno FR 2117 (X Band)
1 x Furuno FR 2137S (S Band)
- Echo Sounder 1 x Furuno FE 700 plus remote depth indicator FE720
- GPS 1 x Furuno GP 150
- Autopilot 1 x Anschuetz Pilotstar D
- Magnetic Compass 1 x Cassens & Plath Reflecta 1
- Weather Fax 1 x Furuno FAX 408
- Speed Log 1 x Furuno DS-80
- AIS 1 x Furuno FA-150
- VSAT 1 x V11 KVH mini VSAT
- Dynamic Positioning System - 2 Marine Technologies, comprising:
a) 3 x gyrocompass, 3 x wind sensors & 3 x motion reference units
b) 2 x DGPS with gyro interface
c) 1 x Cyscan or equal
d) 1 x hydro-acoustics sensor
e) 1 x independent joystick, cJoy
Vessel also fitted with Zenitel PA Talkbalk System & Self-Powered Telephones
- Oily Water Separator 1 x 1 m3/h c/w 15 ppm alarm;
- Water Maker 1 x 10 m3/day, approx., reverse osmosis Seanly SW-10T or equal 1 x 22 m3/day, approx., reverse osmosis, Hatenboer
- Sewage Treatment Plant 1 x 60 men, Evac or equal
- Removable Mezzanine Deck (optional) 1 unit (approx. 180 m2)
MMA Offshore was contracted by the Australian Government, Department of Defence to undertake the Cape Barren to Babel Island Hydrographic Survey.
MMA Offshore is a primary contractor to oil and gas operators, providing autonomous underwater vehicle solutions to collect seafloor and sub-seafloor data to assist in the engineering design of subsea infrastructure.
MMA Offshore was contracted by the Australian Government, Department of Defence to undertake the Mavis Reef (East), Bonaparte Archipelago Hydrographic Survey. The objective of the Survey was to update Australian Hydrographic Office Charts AUS730, AUS732, AUS320 and AUS323 through the provision of safety of navigation hydrographic surveys.
MMA was contracted by Allseas for the provision of grouting services and grout material on two drilling platforms that are to be decommissioned on the UK Continental Shelf.
MMA designed, fabricated and installed nine buoyant ‘sculptural reef flutes’ individually tethered to the seafloor by reinforced concrete and steel pyramids.
DPIRD awarded MMA an EPCI contract for an artificial reef to be installed 7km off the coast of Hillarys, Western Australia.