MMA Offshore is a primary contractor to oil and gas operators, providing autonomous underwater vehicle solutions to collect seafloor and sub-seafloor data to assist in the engineering design of subsea infrastructure.
MMA has operated both a Bluefin Robotics BF21 and a Kongsberg Hugin AUV for a combined total of approximately 7,000 line kilometres. MMA is the first and only commercial company to have operated both of these specialised vehicles in Australia.
The vehicles are configured with a number of sensors which MMA personnel confirm for accurate data acquisition and process. Using these sensors, we are able to deliver high-resolution bathymetry charts, seafloor sediments/hazard and shallow geology maps. The sensors include:
- Multibeam Echosounder (MBES)
- Inertial Navigation System and Attitude Sensor (INS)
- Combined Sidescan Sonar (SSS) and Chirp Sub-Bottom Profiler (SBP)
- USBL transceivers, directional and omni-directional beacons
- MiniSVS Sound Speed Sensor (SVS)
- HD Camera
- Depth sensors