Scope of Work
Chevron Australia Pty Ltd (Chevron Australia) (25.71%) as operator and along with its joint venture partners, Chevron (TAPL) Pty Ltd (25.71%), Santos (35.71%) and Exxon Mobil (12.86%) decided to retire the Thevenard Island (TVI) Asset.
Thevenard Island is located approximately 22 kilometers off the coast of Onslow in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. The TVI Asset includes onshore facilities on TVI and offshore facilities.
To support the offshore retirement package of works, Chevron contracted MMA directly to provide two AHTS vessels. The vessels supported the Jack Up Rig, Ensco 107, over a 9 month period as it carried out a plug and abandonment program. MMA deployed the Mermaid Vision, Mermaid Vantage and Mermaid Voyager (spot vessel).
In addition to supporting 9 different rig moves, the vessels also provided 24 / 7 supply support to the project this included:
- Initial supply operations at commencement of operations
- Transit runs between Dampier Port and the Ensco 107 Jack Up Rig
- Fuel collection and transfer from onshore bunkering facility and Jack Up Rig
- Anchor handling for setting pre-lays and buoy moorings for each rig move
- Safety standby services utilising the DP2 capabilities of the vessel
The Mermaid Voyager and Mermaid Vantage exceeded all Australian standards with regards to certification of crews, manning levels and accommodation standards. They also complied with all AQIS regulations and applicable Australian regulations and legislation.