Specialised Subsea Engineering Solutions
MMA provides a range of specialist subsea engineering services from our principal operational offices in Perth and Aberdeen. These specialist services range from concept and detailed design through to project engineering, installation and ongoing inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM) activities.
With applications on and offshore, MMA’s specialist access techniques provide numerous advantages over traditional access methods including; cost and time
MMA’s team of in-house engineers also provide ocean engineering and subsea engineering as well as technical support to all of MMA’s service lines.
Specialist subsea engineering services include:
- Concept development and evaluation
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED)
- Detailed design and design for manufacture
- Finite Element (FE) based engineering analysis (linear and non-linear)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) engineering analysis
- Multi-physics analysis, including coupled-field analysis (CFD-FEA, fluid-structure interaction) and thermal analysis
- Hydrodynamic analysis (vessel response, dynamic riser analysis)
- Fatigue analysis and optimisation of subsea and topside equipment
- Project engineers and project managers provide direct client interfacing at all stages of the project
- Production process interfacing
- Management of third-party design verification processes (DNVGL, Lloyds Register, ABS)
- Technical assurance and independent verification
- Technical risk assurance processes
- Project engineering and management
- Equipment manufacture, assembly and test
- Offshore engineering support (including technical authority) and technician support
- End to end specialised subsea solutions
- Wellhead integrity systems for new and existing wells, engineered and built to provide maximum wellhead fatigue integrity
- Subsea Tree valve reinstatement solutions (diver and ROV deployed). Some of the technology is patent pending. The solutions maximise subsea operational production efficiency and keep costs of intervention and costs of production to a minimum.
- Subsea Well Capping and Containment Systems
- Specialised semi-submersible rig handling equipment
- Subsea riser integrity analysis and solutions
- Subsea ROV and diver tooling, including specialist tooling for decommissioning operations
- Rig surveys and deck handling equipment
- Subsea lifting and handling equipment (diver and ROV controlled)
- Subsea well intervention equipment
- Life of field extension equipment
- Reliability engineering and analysis with partner company, including industry best practice in accordance with API RP 17N and the newly revised API RP 17Q for through life reliability and integrity assurance through design, qualification, maintenance, test, deployment and operation.
- Polymer Polyurethane (PU) Strakes for VIV (Vortex Induced vibration) suppression.